Progesterone hormone replacement therapy can help women suffering from painful and complicated periods by balancing estrogen levels, thus reducing or eliminating symptoms of PMS. Progesterone is the hormone that guides most of a woman’s pregnancy, and is considered the scientific reason for that “expectant mother’s glow.”
You may benefit from progesterone hormone replacement if you experience:
- Swelling of the extremities before and during your period
- Swollen and painful breasts before and during your period
- Changes in mood (including anxiety and aggressive behavior) before and during your period
- Painful headaches before and during your period
- Bloating and ballooning of the stomach region before and during your period
Be sure to talk with your doctor about how progesterone hormone replacement therapy can benefit you. By regulating your estrogen levels, you can better manage painful periods. For women who suffer from PMS- and menstrual period-related complications, progesterone hormone replacement therapy can significantly reduce symptoms. As one of Pittsburgh’s top compounding pharmacies, we’ll be glad to work with you and your doctor to develop the therapy that’s right for you.